If your custom domain and/or tracking links don't work, it could depend on several factors.
Below is a checklist that could help you solve the problem on your own:
- Have you configured your domain with CloudFlare and enabled the Orange Cloud icon? If yes, you may not continue reading this checklist, in fact we recommend taking a look to these articles.
- Are the DNS records of your custom domain configured correctly? You can check them here: enter your domain, select A from the drop down menu and press Search, if your domain is configured correctly you will see that all queried DNS servers respond with an OK status (green). Be careful that the DNS servers respond with only one IP address (i.e., the IP of JotUrl), otherwise you have misconfigured your domain and may not work as expected. We recommend reading this article and all related articles that help you configure your DNS records. However, if you have recently configured your domain, you may see anomalies and you need to wait for the complete DNS propagation.
- Do you see an error stating that your connection is not private by browsing your tracking link? In this case, you need to install an SSL certificate. Please note that our system does not require the use of the HTTPS protocol under any circumstances, however, there may be conditions in which your browser requires the use of the HTTPS protocol. If you are using a subdomain (e.g., go.domain.ext), you may have enabled the Strict-Transport-Security response header (HSTS) for your domain (e.g., domain.ext). This header lets a web site tell browsers that it should only be accessed using HTTPS, instead of using HTTP. It depends on the configuration of the HSTS header, but this rule usually applies to all of the site's subdomains as well, including your custom domain (e.g., go.domain.ext).
- Try browsing incognito to your domain/custom tracking link, is the error still present? If no, the error may be due to your browser. In fact, modern browsers cache browsing and may sometimes show you the cache. Try also with another browser.
- If you have come to read this point your problem does not fit into the previous cases. We suggest you to contact our customer service and send us:
- the custom domain and/or the tracking link that is not working,
- a screenshot or video of the error,
- confirmation that you have performed all the above tests,
- the name of the company that is managing your DNS (if available),
- all the information you can provide.