User permissions (https://joturl.com/reserved/settings.html#team-permissions) are a quick way to assign what a member of your team can see/do within his/her account. Your team members cannot create permissions and if they are allowed to add other team members, the added members inherit the same permission as the user who added them. You can assign the same permission to multiple members of your team and, if you change it, all associated team members will be changed at the same time. However, be careful as permissions do not act retroactively on team members created by other team members or on "objects" created before changing the permission.
- you create a new member of team M1 with permission P1,
- M1 creates 2 more team members, M2 and M3, who will automatically have permission P1,
- you change the settings of permission P1, team members M1, M2, M3 will see the changes,
- you change the permission of M1 and set it to P2, M1 will therefore have the permission P2, while M2 and M3 will remain on the permission P1.
- you create a new member of the team M1 with the permission P1, in this example the permission P1 allows M1 to use the domain my.custom.domain,
- M1 creates a tracking link on the domain my.custom.domain,
- you change the permission P1 by removing access to the domain my.custom.domain, the tracking link in step 2 will still be valid and M1 will still be able to change it, but M1 will no longer be able to use the domain my.custom.domain.
WARNING 1: Permissions have no effect on API version v1. However, you can inhibit access to API version v1 by prohibiting their use through permissions.
WARNING 2: If you remove access to the API version i1, users associated with the permission will no longer be able to access both the API version i1 and the JotUrl dashboard (since currently the JotUrl dashboard uses API version i1).