An event is everything that needs a metric to be recorded and/or a specific function of our engine.
Thus an event equals a click if you have not added any further options to the link that require statistical metrics.
- a click on a branded link generates one event
- a click on a branded link that has a conversion code associated, generates two events (provided a conversion takes place after the click).
You can always monitor the status of your events and their details by navigating to the Plan page (you need to be logged into your dashboard).
Click on the (i) icon next to the event usage bar, a graph/table of your events over the last 30 days will be shown.
The following scheme provides you with details on how and when events are recorded, in each case:
- click on a tracking link (both on branded and non-branded domains) → 1 event is recorded (regardless if it comes from a device or from a bot)
- in any case no events are recorded
- One event is recorded for each call to a conversion code/pixel regardless of whether a conversion is actually tracked or not. A conversion code/pixel has to be called only as a result of an action that you want to monitor (for example a user purchase). There's no sense to call a conversion code/pixel without a previous explicit user action (for example on all pages of a website). So, if a conversion code/pixel is used correctly, there will actually be a conversion with every call to the conversion code/pixel.
- One event is recorded for each call to a S2S Postback Url regardless of whether a conversion is actually tracked or not.
- One event is recorded for each call to a ClickBank link regardless of whether a conversion is actually tracked or not.
- CTA data is collected → 1 event is recorded (for all types of CTA)
- CTA metrics → 1 event, for each group, is recorded (every 2 minutes metrics are grouped)
- Redirect to destination → 1 event
APP DEEP LINKS (not to be confused with Easy Deep Links)
- assetlinks.json or apple-app-site-association requested → 1 event is recorded
- attribution endpoint called → 1 event is recorded
- deferred parameters request → 1 event is recorded
- CDN resource used → 1 event is recorded
- external call → 1 event is recorded
- redirect on unavailable option → 1 event is recorded
- redirect on black status → 1 event is recorded
- redirect on blocked IP → 1 event is recorded
- redirect on domain without alias (or with wrong alias) 1 → 1 event is recorded
- external QR code view 2 → 1 event is recorded
- redirect from HTTP to HTTPS → 1 event is recorded every 5 redirects
- webhook call (e.g., CTA webhooks) → 1 event
1 Please note that an alias is considered wrong when there is no tracking link that matches the alias in the specified domain. If you create a tracking link, publish it somewhere and then delete it from your dashboard, every click on the deleted tracking link will generate an event of this type.
2 Formerly incorrectly recorded as "redirect on domain without alias (or with wrong alias)."