Sure you can! We always recommend all of our users to use a custom domain to create their branded links.
Using branded links will in fact provide you with many advantages:
- branding improvement
- higher link Trust
- higher CTR (+34% Click Through Rate, on average)
- avoid to be banned on Facebook and Google
- avoid to be banned within emails
- best deep linking experience
Custom domains must be uniquely assigned to JotUrl.
In fact a domain cannot be used for both your website and your tracking links. The main reason for this is that you need to change the DNS records of your domain and have them point to JotUrl.
However, you can still use a third-level domain (e.g., on.domain.ext), in this case domain.ext can be used for your website, while on.domain.ext is used for your tracking links.
(Wondering what is the difference between domain, subdomain and third level domain? Read this article first --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026241411)
So, the first step in using a custom domain is to configure its DNS records. Just log into your registrar's dashboard and update the DNS zone of the domain you want to use in JotUrl.
Each registrar has its own DNS management interface. These interfaces are similar to each other, but they can present substantial differences about how they work. If in doubt, the best option for you is to contact your registrar's customer support or search for specific documentation (each registrar usually has a page dedicated to DNS settings).
If you want to configure a third-level domain (e.g., on.domain.ext), create a CNAME record and point it to joturl.com.
Otherwise, if you want to configure a second-level domain (e.g., name.ext) , follow these few steps:
- update the record A of your domain name.ext and let it point to the following IP: 188.8.131.52
- add/update the record A of the domain *.name.ext and let it point to the following IP: 184.108.40.206
- add/update the record A of the domain www.name.ext and let it point to the following IP: 220.127.116.11
You can find a copy of these instructions, within your dashboard, by clicking on your account's name (top right corner of your dashboard), then going to "Settings" --> "Domains".
Once done, you have to wait for the complete propagation of the DNS, it usually takes few hours, but in some cases it can take up to 48 hours (it does not depend on our platform, it is an Internet protocol --> read more about the argument at https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025892772).
You can use the following online service to test the status of your domain's DNS records: https://dnschecker.org/. Type in your domain name and click on search to check whether and where it was already propagated or not.
After the complete propagation, you can add your domain to your JotUrl dashboard.
Here is a video tutorial that will show you how to add custom domains in JotUrl: jo.my/joturl-branded-domain
Below you can find some specific examples of configuration, for different providers:
- Namecheap --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026234551
- GoDaddy --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026239091
- Mrdomain --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025954972
- Google Domains --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026757351
- CloudFlare --> https://joturl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027335172
Finally, you can also have a look at further DNS zone configuration examples below, based on different providers (note how symbols and strings may depend upon the specific registrar):
In case of trouble, feel free to contact our customer service.